What Is A Teletherapy Visit?
Teletherapy, also known as Telehealth, TelePT, or Virtual Physical Therapy will look like the following:
- It is a remote, one-on-one Telehealth visit that is performed by our skilled physical therapists.
- It is performed on a computer, connected to the internet.
- During your visit, you will receive:
- Movement Evaluation to determine your true problem;
- Education on why you are hurting and how to prevent it from reoccurring;
- Exercise prescription specifically to meet your needs;
- This virtual physical therapy option is convenient and accessible from the comfort of your home!
- Important: Most Insurance plans DO pay for Telehealth Physical Therapy visits
5 Technical Tips For A Successful Teletherapy Visit:
While Telehealth / Teletherapy / TelePT / Virtual Physical Therapy is convenient, here are some tips and tricks to help you succeed during your virtual visit:
- Make sure your phone or computer is fully charged or plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Close all open windows on the device you are using.
- Make sure no other device is using your WIFI or internet. (Turn off your Netflix or Sling TV…)
- Getting closer to the WIFI tower helps strengthen your signal if needed.
- If we have a bad connection and you can not hear or see your therapist, then exit out of the visit and try to enter again through your emailed invitation.
Questions? Contact Us if you are experiencing trouble with our telehealth service.